Professional Liability for Pharmacists
Our Pharmaguard Professional Liability policy for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians(also known as Malpractice Insurance) is one of the most comprehensive policies available on the market.
We are able to provide policies for Pharmacists licensed in ON, MB and the Maritimes (NS, NB, PEI and NFLD).
Coverage Highlights for Pharmacists Include:
- Occurrence Based Coverage (provides long-term protection following retirement or should you leave the profession)
- A range of limits are available - from $2 million up to $5 million per claim
- Full Scope of Practice - as the scope of practice continues to evolve, our policy automatically enhances the coverage to include the expanded scope of practice as outlined by OCP at no extra cost.
- Prior Acts Coverage - available for Pharmacists in provinces where it is required by the College
- Expanded Policy Territory - includes coverage for claims brought in the USA for services performed in Canada
- Individual Policies written on 12 month policy terms
- Coverage applies 24/7 while working at any location in Canada including providing advice in a social setting, part-time work or as a volunteer
- Additional Legal Expense Coverage - built in coverage of $25,000 related to defending yourself in a provincial college disciplinary hearing related to the scope of practice as a Pharmacist or Technician (Deductible applies for this portion of the coverage ONLY)
- No Membership fees required
- Payment options include Visa, MasterCard and American Express
Join the thousands of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians who have already discovered the best in class benefits afforded by our program by applying today. Link to application is below: